Hurricane Ida and FEMA Resources
Please see below the resources available to residents who were impacted by the remnants of Hurricane Ida.
New York State Ida Resources:
Please refer to http://www.ny.gov/ida, which has links to resources with FEMA, NYS, and local governments. This page can be translated into many different languages if needed.
NYS Department of Financial Services:
For constituents looking to reach out to the NYS Department of Financial Services for questions about their current insurance policy and coverage, they can use the DFS hotline at (800) 339-1759.
A link to the DFS flood and disaster resource page can be found here: https://www.dfs.ny.gov/consumers/help_for_homeowners/disaster_flood. This page has links to brochures and other helpful resources for constituents.
Individual Assistance from FEMA:
For constituents seeking financial assistance from FEMA, they can apply directly for assistance through the FEMA website and find other FEMA resources: https://www.fema.gov/assistance/individual. They can also register for assistance by calling: 800-621-3362.
Individuals may apply for this disaster assistance whether they have insurance or not. Registering online is the fastest way to access FEMA assistance. Not only can you register here, you can check the status of your claim and upload requested documents.
Constituents should have the following information available when they register:
- Name and SSN of the primary applicant.
- Name and SSN of secondary/co-applicant (encouraged but not required).
- Current and pre-disaster address.
- Names of all occupants of the pre-disaster household.
- Current contact information.
- Types of insurance held by the household.
- Household pre-disaster annual gross income.
- Losses caused by the disaster.
- Banking information for direct deposit of financial assistance, if requested
Attached, please find document from FEMA with tips to help speed disaster assistance for constituents.